Failte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon

Site Fact Sheet Page

Return to list of sites in Louth

Name of Site : St. Mary's Hospital
Address : Drumcar
Townland : DRUMCAR
Previous Name : Drumcar
Description : Possible site of a Friary. Church ruins (ruined since 1692). Once fine demesne utilised for hospital since 1948. House on high ground and formerly sheltered by heavy bands of tree cover. Fine views from the south front of the house to the sea in the distance. Ground drops to south to River Dee, which bounds demesne on the west side. Landscaping little changed from c. 19th century to mid-20th century. Many modern buildings clustered near the house, interspersed with modern landscaping.
Garden ID : LH0026
Irish Grid Coordinates: E:291525
CountyMap (Will open in a new Window)
NIAH Number(s)
Historic Map Small Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Aerial Image Small Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Site of historical importance - now partially derelict or destroyed
View Site Survey Report View Historical References View Site Photographs