Failte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Site Fact Sheet Page

Return to list of sites in Louth

Name of Site : Barronstown Rectory
Address : Philipstown
Townland : DEERPARK PHILIPSTOWN
Previous Name : Baronstown
Description : Glebe lands for former rectory built in the late 18th century on high ground with fine mature trees. Land now in multiple ownership. Barronstown Rectory is named as Philipstown on the 1836 OS map. It is very rare that mistakes are made on these maps. However Lewis in 1837 refers to 'Baronstown' the glebehouse, which this house is likely to have been. Philipstown is to the west of this property. (Record LH0057)
Garden ID : LH0006
LH0006_1
Irish Grid Coordinates: E:309609
N:299832
CountyMap (Will open in a new Window)
NIAH Number(s)
13900604
Historic Map Small Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Aerial Image Small Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
 
Modest site - with buildings and planting surviving
View Site Survey Report View Historical References View Site Photographs