Failte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Site Fact Sheet Page

Return to list of sites in Donegal

Name of Site : Tirnaleague House
Address :
Townland : CHURCHLAND QUARTERS
Previous Name : Ternaleague House
Description : Small site for 18th century house situated northeast of Carndonagh. At one time three straight approaches, two with gate lodges. The western entrance had a gate lodge, pre 1833, now gone. The southern entrance is also gone. Both gone as a result of housing development on the site. The core area of the demesne remains. A pre 1903 lodge remains at the eastern entrance to the house, now the only entrance. A rectangular fish pond is recorded to the south of the house, gone by 1857 when the house was altered. A larger fish pond is recorded to the southwest of the house in 1857. Walled garden and orchard, pre 1833, to east of house. Some development has taken place to the eastern portion. Modest site - with buildings and planting surviving. Assessment from historic mapping and aerial photography.
Garden ID : DG0143
DG0143_1
Irish Grid Coordinates: E:445720
N:246096
CountyMap (Will open in a new Window)
NIAH Number(s)
40901109
Historic Map Small Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Aerial Image Small Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
 
Site not inspected
View Site Survey Report View Historical References View Site Photographs