Failte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Site Fact Sheet Page

Return to list of sites in Donegal

Name of Site : Port Hall
Address :
Townland : PORTHALL
Previous Name :
Description : An important but modest house built 1746, surrounded by fields or flat land adjacent to the River Foyle. It was built for Judge John Vaughan of Buncrana Castle as a stop-off place between Buncrana and Lifford. He could reach the premises by boat. The original formal landscape for the mid 18th century house remains.
Garden ID : DG0113
DG0113_1
Irish Grid Coordinates: E:403379
N:235418
CountyMap (Will open in a new Window)
NIAH Number(s)
40907113
Historic Map Small Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Aerial Image Small Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
 
Significant site - some loss of integrity
View Site Survey Report View Historical References View Site Photographs