Failte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon

Site Fact Sheet Page

Return to list of sites in Donegal

Name of Site : Mulroy House
Address : Rawros
Townland : RAWROS
Previous Name :
Description : A large demesne created for the third Earl of Leitrim c.1865 on a site which already contained a group of buildings named as Rawros, a few of which were incorporated into the new development. Old drives were incorporated and a new central road laid down. The site was planted with hundreds of trees by the third, fourth and fifth Earls of Leitrim. Extensive and important planting by the 5th Earl and Lady Leitrim. There are a great many ancillary buildings, most of which are unkempt.
Garden ID : DG0109
Irish Grid Coordinates: E:437289
CountyMap (Will open in a new Window)
NIAH Number(s)
Historic Map Small Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Aerial Image Small Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Significant site - some loss of integrity
View Site Survey Report View Historical References View Site Photographs