Failte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Site Fact Sheet Page

Return to list of sites in Donegal

Name of Site : The Clock Tower, Fintragh
Address :
Townland : FINTRAGH
Previous Name : Fintragh House
Description : Wooded grounds, between a road to the north and the sea to the south, for a pre 1835 house that was enlarged in the late 19th century and is now gone. The fine stable block was enlarged at the same time and remains, now restored as a restaurant. It has a crest with PRO REGE ET GREGE written on it. The woods remain with wind-swept mature trees. New houses all around the house site between the stable block and the shore with some tree loss. This site no longer constitutes an historic garden, demesne or ornamental designed landscape of interest.
Garden ID : DG0057
DG0057_1
Irish Grid Coordinates: E:376697
N:168951
CountyMap (Will open in a new Window)
NIAH Number(s)
40909707
Historic Map Small Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Aerial Image Small Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
 
Site of historic interest only
View Site Survey Report View Historical References View Site Photographs