Failte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Site Fact Sheet Page

Return to list of sites in Donegal

Name of Site : Drumboe Castle
Address :
Townland : DRUMBOE LOWER
Previous Name :
Description : Large demesne set on a slight rise on the northern side of the River Finn on the western side of Stranorlar. Castle originally established in the 17th century, to protect a ford across the river. The Georgian house was demolished in 1945 and the site is now a car park for Drumboe Wood, managed by Coillte.
Garden ID : DG0047
DG0047_1
Irish Grid Coordinates: E:394863
N:213669
CountyMap (Will open in a new Window)
NIAH Number(s)
Historic Map Small Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Map (Will open in a new Window)
Aerial Image Small Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
Large Size Air Photo (Will open in a new Window)
 
Site of historical importance - now partially derelict or destroyed
View Site Survey Report View Historical References View Site Photographs